Table of Contents
FAQ - Common Problems and Questions
The following is a list of common problems and questions.
Setup And Configuration
No connection to the Kodi/XBMC server is established
If you have a problem connecting to your Kodi/XBMC server, we suggest you try the following:
- Check the section "Connecting To Your Kodi/XBMC" Server if all settings in Kodi/XBMC and the Kodi/XBMC Music Remote are correct.
- Install the free official remote control for Kodi and check if you can connect with it. If not, there is a problem in your network or Kodi/XBMC setup.
If these steps do not help, please post a question to our support forum.
If TCP is not connected, some functionality is not available:
- Certain status messages, e.g. when a music library scan has finished, are not displayed.
- Kodi input dialogs (e.g., used for search term input of add-ons) are not displayed.
The main reasons for this connection problem is:
- The Kodi setting "System" -> "Settings" -> "Services" -> "Remote Control" -> "Allow remote control by programs on other systems" is disabled
- A firewall is blocking the port 9090, which is used for TCP connection to Kodi.
The app is connected to the Kodi/XBMC server, but no music is shown
The views "Artists", "Albums", and "Songs" only show music that has been scanned to the Kodi/XBMC music database. To scan a folder to the database, you need to go to the Kodi/XBMC user interface and navigate to "Music" -> "Files". Go to the folder you want to scan, right-click on it to open the context menu, then select "Scan item to library".
If you have the PRO version of the Kodi/XBMC Music Remote, you can also go to the "Folders" view to see music that has not been scanned to the library.